Successions and estate
Successions and estate law doesn’t hold secrets from us any longer! Many cases are referred to us by other notary offices and law firms. Our expertise in the field allows us to handle all types of estate cases, with the best interests of everyone involved.
The reputation of Michel Beauchamp, Associate Notary at our firm, is such that he is often named liquidator by the Court for the final settlement of a succession. He has also authored many doctrine works on the subject and is a professor of successions law at the University de Montréal law faculty.
Here’s a look at some of the
services we offer in this field :
- Complete succession settlements (from simple to complex)
- Settlement of insolvent succession
- Designation of liquidator
- Replacement of liquidator
- Guidance for liquidator
- Declaration of transmission of movable and immovable property
- Verification of holograph wills and wills made in the presence of witnesses
- Inventory of succession
- Publication of necessary notices to the Registre des droits personnels et réels mobiliers
- Report of administration by the liquidator to the heirs
- Renunciation of a succession